Pandering to the New Generation of Gamers: Nintendo Switch Online

Effexion

Administrator
Oct 27, 2020
I was lucky enough to be born in the early eighties. Having the whole of the nineties to experience computer games. Born right into an age when Nintendo and Sega were the pioneering names of console gaming, I have a real, deep-seated passion for the retro scene.

When I discovered, over twenty-years later, that I could get a Switch and play some of the old classics I loved; the 10-year-old me woke up and bought Nintendo Online. Some of my all-time favourite games, from my two all-time favourite catalogues, made playable, in one place, on a handheld system! You can bet I was snapping that up.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Nintendo had taken a notion to donning kid gloves by adding rewind and unrestricted save options. The Nintendo generation is here being taken by the hand through some of our old favourite classics. We never had all that back then; we don’t need it now. Games were hard and they were meant to be hard.

Any thoughts?

Nintendonian

Nov 16, 2020
Yes, yes and YES. I totally agree. Kids are beating games we struggled with by using these saves and rewinds and then telling us they're not even hard. No shit, Sherlock.